Thursday, November 18, 2010

Friday Spotlight: Panopoly Creations

Welcome to our next Friday Spotlight! Every other week, we feature a new interview from one of our TeamBPAL members.

This week, we interviewed Lynae of Panopoly Creations. Let's go!



Tell us a little about the items in your shop. What do you make?
I make a variety of ceramic wares, both decorative and functional, and including housewares, jewelry and gifts. Most of my work includes cheerful colors and whimsical touches.


What is your creative process?
I'm honestly pretty haphazard. Many of my sculptures come from images in dreams or stories. Because I'm a 3D artist, I have the luxury/burden of conceptualizing things either as a shape, form, or function first, which I then decide how to decorate, or as a design or image that I can then adapt to adorn a form.


Which Etsy Teams do you belong to?
In addition to Team BPAL, I'm a member of two regional groups, California Crafters' Club of Etsy (CCCoE) and San Francisco Etsy (SFEtsy), as well as the Etsy Mud Team, for ceramic artists.



freeform bowl -- woodland tones


When you are not creating things, what do you do?
I collect a lot of different things--animal figurines, interesting rocks, My Little Ponies, for example. I love to take long aimless walks and explore new places. I'm a voracious reader and a habitual thrift store/garage sale shopper.


Tell us two random, interesting things about you.
I've been cutting my own hair since I was 15.
I spent time living in the Caribbean as a child.


What has been your proudest moment since opening your Etsy shop?
Seeing my work for sale and on display in a cafe that was featured in Sunset Magazine.



pigface -- hand-carved plate


What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?
Seek mentors. Look at shops you like and/or that are selling well and see what they're doing right.


What handmade possession do you cherish?
The burlwood coffee table my grandfather made me when I was just a toddler.


If you could have any item on Etsy regardless of price, what would it be?
I'd get one of these gorgeous lamps.

What other skill or talent do you wish you could possess, if you had not taken this creative path?
I wish I could carry a tune, or play an instrument. I love music, have been told I have good taste, but am apparently tone-deaf when it comes to playing or singing.




Where else can we find you on the web?
twitter.com/panavatar
Flickr
panopoly.org
Facebook (still under construction)

That's all for this time! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we will return in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP