Sunday, May 23, 2010

Amber Design Challenge

Seeing how different people interpret a given theme is always interesting, and can often times kick creativity in gear. It also brings a team together and, well, it's just fun. The theme for TeamBPAL's first design challenge was amber. It could have been the color, the stone, the smell...anything! The theme was put out there, and I'm happy to say that the team really came through on this one! We've got 10 entries for our first challenge, and they're all absolutely amazing! (It doesn't hurt that I absolutely love amber, either.)

This is sort of an informal contest. The winner gets to pick the next theme. Feel free to vote for your favourite in the comments! Voting will end at midnight (central time) on June 4th so that I can spend the weekend tallying things up.


Clicking on the photo will take you to the artists shop. Enjoy!


16 comments:

  1. I love the one by Sihaya Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so beautiful how can I pick just one? Wonderful job, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm torn between the Parrish Relics necklace, and the Elements and Artifacts earrings, though all of the entries are outstanding! I think I'm going to have to go with the necklace, but as a big amber lover, I see a few things I want in this lot! Great job, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely. I'd wear any one of these jewelry pieces. I wish I'd come up with something appropriate.

    My vote goes to #4 because I can't resist mixed media, with close runners-up to #9 and #10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have one of each please?

    I will have to give major props to Phantomwise- who can resist art titled "Music for the Apocalypse?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote #9 for Tempus Fugit! The polymer is done so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all so lovely it's hard to choose, but I must be having a ring moment because I'm in LOVE with both the bauble from StoneTotem and the one from Dark Side of The Sun.

    But I think my favorite are the earrings from Elements and Artifacts. It really does make me wish my hair was long enough for a ballerina bun because I think they'd make any neck look absolutely swan-like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for #5, though I have to say the choice was really exceedingly hard. I ended up narrowing my choices by excluding anything not silver (since I don't wear yellow metal) but even that left a hard choice, LOL! Such talented designers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My vote goes to #3 by Elements and Artifacts! I love love love those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. with great reluctance.. #8
    i say with reluctance because there are at least 4 that are SO close its hard to pick, and not one bad one in the lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what everyone came up with! My vote goes to #4 - I love the idea of music for the end of the world :)

    (am seriously in love with 3 and 5 though - seriously)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is really tough choosing just one, as all the entries are lovely, but my favorite is #1.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Number 10! Perfectly framed... so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These are stunning! I'll vote for 5 because its like a portal to another world ... however I'd wear them all and the mixed media is lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP